There are 2 main avenues to serve through New City.
Serve the City
We are committed to approaching our neighborhood as learners, meaning that we want to be intentional about getting to know our community and its people before we initiate any new efforts. That said, we also want to learn by partnering with churches and organizations that already have great things going on in our part of town.
- Whiz Kids | Tutoring at John P. Parker Elementary School, as well daytime opportunities to adopt a classroom or help as teacher at JPP. Contact Linda Stover for more information.
- Special Events/Hospitality | Imagine the party planning committee from the Office. It's like that but better. Contact: Amy Samad
- The Great American Clean Up | Each spring we serve the city by joining with other volunteers from around the community to tidy up Oakley and Madisonville.
- Flying Pig Hydration Station | New City is serving the runners of our city by staffing a hydration station at brutal mile 24 of the Flying Pig Marathon.
- Madisonville Street Fest | We help host a street festival for the Madisonville area. Coming again in August! Contact: Kirstie Reinheimer
- The Christmas Store | The Christmas Store is a cooperative ministry with New Life Temple that provides new gifts at reduced prices for low income families. Contact: Dave Dupee
- Project Peace | Project Peace is the group here at New City that dreams, plans, and coordinates the above projects and more. Contact: Dave Dupee
If you are looking to get involved in any of our Outreach Opportunities, please contact us.
Serve on Sundays
We have plenty of opportunities to serve on Sundays at New City. Regulars at New City take turns serving staffing our nursery and serving as greeters. In addition, we are looking for people to join teams to serve in the areas listed below. Please contact the ministry leader below to find out more.
- New City Kids | Contact Claire Helin or Becca Larson -- In the fall of 2013 we are expanding our ministry to include older children and will need teachers who can work in our Children's Church!
- Setup| Each week we need folks to help with logistics of setting up the room @ John P. Parker for worship and getting everything ready to go. Contact: Amy Samad
- Sound | Contact: Matthew Jumper -- Join a team that runs sound during our worship service. Training provided.
- Powerpoint | Contact: Amy Samad -- Join a team that runs PPT during our worship service. Training provided.
- Music | Contact: Brian Ferry -- Use your gifts as a part of our worship team. We are always looking for more musicians. Audition required.